CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE PRECURSOR. 1679, VILLAGE OF SUKHYI
Boyko style three-dome church looks like the church in the village of Vyshka and it may have been built by the same craftsman. Originally it had a classic shape where the central dome is the highest. The dome above “babynets” was later replaced for a wireframe dome. This is one of only a few old churches where the iconostasis boards bare the names of craftsman or financial supporters of the church. The icons “The Beheading of John the Baptist” and “Abraham offers his son as sacrifice are by Ivan Shchyretskyi (1680).
Source: Uzhanskyi national nature park
89000, Ukraine, Transcarpathian region, Veliky Berezny vil, Nezalezhnosti street, 7
Phone/fax: (03135) 2-10-37
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.unpp.com.ua