St.Michael the Archistratigus Church. 1700, village of Vyshka
The church is 5,1 m by 15,7 m in size – it was built from fir tree timber at a cemetery. At first it looked like a typical Boyko style building, however in the second half of the 18th century the hipped roof above “babynets” was changed to a bell tower, higher than a central dome. The frames of the building lean inside, thus the small-scale building looks more monumental. Church windows are equipped with an old protection system against bad weather – delicately carved side boards, which support a sloping shingles roof. The walls above the collar are covered by shingles in a herring-bone pattern. The church houses interesting examples of decorative and applied arts objects (1700).
Source: Uzhanskyi national nature park
89000, Ukraine, Transcarpathian region, Veliky Berezny vil, Nezalezhnosti street, 7
Phone/fax: (03135) 2-10-37
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.unpp.com.ua