ST.MICHAEL THE ARCHISTRATIGUS CHURCH. 1745, VILLAGE OF UZHOK
The church is one of the most interesting examples of Boyko style architecture. The most substantial is a central dome covered with a high hipped roof. The other part of the altar is covered by a small roof, much smaller than a central one. ”Babynets” is covered by a small four-corner tower with a hipped roof, which is located higher than the roof of the altar frame. The garret develops into a wide roof, which unites all three parts of the church. The church was built by craftsmen Pavlo Toniv from the village of Bitli in Lviv region and Ivan Tsyhanyn from Tykhyi – this is stated above the church door. A square wooden two storey bell tower under a hipped roof stands near the church. The bell tower was built in 1927.
Source: Uzhanskyi national nature park
89000, Ukraine, Transcarpathian region, Veliky Berezny vil, Nezalezhnosti street, 7
Phone/fax: (03135) 2-10-37
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.unpp.com.ua